Surgical Therapies for Morbid Obesity
Premium Wordpress Themes by UFO Themes
- Body mass index (BMI) > 40.
- BMI between 35 and 40 and presence of such comorbid conditions as severe obstructive sleep apnea, pickwickian syndrome, obesity-related cardiomyopathy, degenerative joint disease, diabetes mellitus, hypertension, and hyperlipidemia.
- Failed dietary attempts at weight loss.
- Active substance abuse.
- Severe psychiatric disorders.
- Untreated esophagitis.
- BMI < 35.
- Age younger than 18 years.
- Age older than 60 years.
- Desire to become pregnant within 2 years.
WordPress theme by UFO themes